Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Mother's Day to One and All.....

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I plan to sit around my house and garden, which is one of my passions. I love flowers. I love to plant flowers. I love to stop and smell the flowers. I just love Spring gardening in all of it's dirty, mulch covered glory.

I have to say, and I say it every year, that the women in my family are what made me who I am. Literally and figuratively. I mean, the OCD I have came from my grandmother and the red hair too. She also gave me her stuborness and compassion for others. My mother gave me her wisdom, her kind heart, and her love of all things old and antique. She taught me how to be a caring and loving parent. I get my creativity from the women in my family. I get my strength from the women in my family. Pretty much, anything identifiable about me is because of these wonderful women in my life and I am so very grateful for them. They played both the roles of my mother and my father. My Aunt Patti taught me things about make up and to never be afraid to chase your dreams. She taught me where to apply perfume and about hair products. My sister taught me how to stand up for myself and to be proud of who I am. My great grandmother taught me how to snap peas and shuck corn and the importance of doing for oneself. My great aunt taught me how to love myself and to not accept anyone treating me like crap because I deserve better. My aunt Nick taught me how to love with all of your heart. My dear old family friend Mrs. Jewel taught me how to be silly even when you are old. My wonderful friend Noel has taught me that family is who you love and not always who you are related to and that conversations with the ones you love mean the most and are the best. My sister from another mister S. taught me that time may pass and people may change but a best friend is a best friend for life. Through thick and thin. Always.

All of these amazing women have helped mold me, helped shape my life, and in many ways saved me more than they will ever know. I love them. I owe them everything. I am blessed and I know that. So, this is my way of remembering the amazing women I have lost and also the amazing women I still have in my life. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for being you.

Happy Mother's Day to my loved ones!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there and also to all of the aunts, grandmothers, family friends, sisters, and women of the world! You all are important and you all shape the world we live in.

Neurotic Nelly

No comments:

Post a Comment