Thursday, June 20, 2013

Congratulations To My Dear Friend

Today I am discussing something a little different. Today I want to extend my warm wishes to my friend Noel who is getting married tomorrow.

Noel is my dear friend who has become like a sister to me. Her children are my nieces and nephew. Her sister is like my other sister. She has supported me in my darkest hours and been my sounding board for all  my "crazy" issues. She was the one who I first asked about writing a mental illness blog and her excitement for me to do so helped give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. So really because of her support I am able to write. This blog is because of the support of loved ones and very much because of her. She is a supportive, sweet, funny, terrific person and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

We live in different states. I am not able to go to her wedding tomorrow. We live over 1500 miles away from each other but talk on the phone two to three times a day. We are always there for each other. We talk about life, our kids, movies, books that we have read, our husbands, our mental illnesses, and just about anything in general. Believe it or not she and I have only physically met once. I am her family and she is mine. You see, she lost her mother recently. I was there for her on the phone and we have laughed together, cried together, and shared the hardest of times together. We make time for each other to show that we are a patchwork family but a strong and loving family none the less.  Her sister usually reads the Christmas Story to her kids on Christmas Eve. They always put me on speaker phone so I can hear her read and hear the kid's excited reactions. Last year I had company over at the time they usually read it. I was bummed because it is part of what makes us feel like a family. So they went and made me cry  because they decided to record and put it on you tube for me  just so I didn't miss out. This is the kind of wonderful caring people that I have in my life and I am so thankful.

And with that I want to take a moment to tell my dear friend how much I love her. How she means the world to me. How without her my life would have less happiness and less laughter. Tomorrow is going to be wonderful. Everything is going to exactly as planned. She is going to be the beautiful bride that I know she is. Her husband to be is very lucky to have such a caring amazing woman in his life. And even though I can not be there I am there in spirit. I also know she will be missing her mother on her big day. There are somethings in life that a daughter really wants to share with her mother. Picking out wedding dresses, picking out the flours and cake, being there to help you get ready before you walk down the isle and being there as you say your vows. I believe that her mother will be there. I actually believe her mother has been with her on every step of the way. I believe that she has always been there. Every breeze is your mother's well wishes. Every sprinkle of rain is your mother's tears of joy. Every bird singing is a sign that your mother is with you standing right beside you. Walking beside you and holding your hand.

I will be standing beside you in my heart and I wish you joy and happiness in your marriage. I pray that you and husband are not just lovers, partners, and parents but also the best of friends. I pray that you have a long and happy life together not as two people separately but together as one. I am so proud of you and I am terribly excited for your new journey in life. May you have many years of joy, support, understanding, love, strength, laughter, and happiness.

With all my love.
Neurotic Nelly


No comments:

Post a Comment